Batman #142, the first part of the new Joker: Year One storyline by writer Chip Zdarsky, artists Andrea Sorrentino, Giuseppe Camuncoli, Stefano Nesi and Alejandro Sánchez, has completely sold out at the distributor level before it was even officially released this week by DC Comics.
A second printing of the issue will be released on March 5th, with a brand-new cover. The Joker: Year One storyline will continue weekly for the next two weeks in February.
Who Taught Batman to Become a Detective?
See how comic book writers have revealed a number of different detective teachers for Batman over the years
What is the cover for the second printing of Batman #142?
- Written by CHIP ZDARSKY
- Art by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI, STEFANO NESI, and ANDREA SORRENTINO
- Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI and STEFANO NESI
- Variant cover by DAVID FINCH
- Variant cover by GLEB MELNIKOV
- 1:25 variant cover by GREG TOCCHINI
- 1:50 variant cover by STEVAN SUBIC
- $4.99 US | 40 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
- ON SALE 2/6/24
- The tragic “death” of the leader of the Red Hood Gang in a vat of chemicals has become the subject of myth…but what is the heartbreaking and gruesome tale of the monster who walked away from that violent birth? And how does it affect Batman’s distant future? “The Joker Year One” begins here!
The brand-new cover for the issue was revealed by DC, and it is a non-foil variation of the special foil variant of the issue by penciler Giuseppe Camuncoli, inker Stefano Nesi and colorist Alejandro Sánchez that was one of the original variants for Batman #142.
Was Batman Raised by the Mother of the Guy Who Killed Thomas and Martha Wayne?
In a feature on short-lived plot points, CSBG shows how Batman was, for a time, raised by the mother of the guy who murdered Batman’s parents!
How did the creative team react to the news of the second printing?
The art team behind the second printing cover were the ones who actually broke the news first on social media (before Lunar Distribution confirmed it with an official release date, and a Final Order Cutoff date of this Sunday), with Camuncoli announcing, “Batman 142 (the first part of Joker Year One), released today, is already sold out and is going for a second print with this cover! 1st print copies might still be available at your local comic book shop while supplies last. Thanks to the whole JYO team for such an incredible debut!”
Sánchez added, “GREAT NEWS‼️Batman 142 (Joker year one) SOLD OUT in the first day!!! Going for a second print! Congrats to the rest of the team and Thanks everyone for your support!!” Nesi also celebrated, “Guys! Today Batman #142 came out, and it’s already SOLD OUT!! You should buy the remaining copies in your local comic book shop, but don’t fear, you will find a second print with this cover (witch is amazing btw)”
Source: Lunar Distriubution